Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sav'in the neighborhood

Did I tell you I'm the president of our neighborhood watch? Yep, (I nominated myself). I told you... I don't sleep at night. So I keep a close watch around these parts and last night at 1:30 am I saw a couple guys in hoodies breaking into my neighbors' cars. I basically took action and in a flash I had the cops on our home phone and 2 of my neighbors on my cell. I woke up our good friends Jason & Nicole and Jason & Ryan were out the door in seconds. Ryan cracked me up; all I saw was him running out the door with a tennis racket. Jason and Ryan were a pretty fierce team and they tackled one of the guys and put him in head lock. Just kidding--the one they caught up with didn't put up much of a fight. They basically walked him into the officers' hands. The cops caught the other one. So that was my excitement for the night. I was up until 3:00 am fighting crime, keepin the peace in my neighborhood. Somebody's got to do it, right?

13 comments:

Monica said...

This isn't the first time right... Remember those robbers you and Ryan busted in your provo neighborhood.. You guys are the super hero crime fighting time. Maybe you should consider going to the Police Academy Heather....really!

Emily Call said...

you are awesome!!! Thanks for keepin' the peace!

Recipe Swagger said...

Are you serious? That is awesome! We owe you for keeping us safe!

Jen-ben said...

what the?!?! Good job Heather! so why don't you sleep at night?

Amanda said...

You really are super woman aren't you! You are too funny.

Nic said...

I feel so safe at night sleeping across the street from you two!!! What a night . . . you had me scared to death when you called, I thought they were coming in my house! Crazy what you think of in the middle of the night! We have such brave men don't we??? HA!! Ryan with his tennis racket and Jason ran out with some sort of stick?? HA!

TheOrttFamily said...

Thanks for keeping a watch out!! Heck I think mine is the only house around right here with my room in the front and I didn't hear a thing..opps...

Amanda said...

Look at you Heather!! Savin' the neighborhood. I love that Ryan went running out of the house with a tennis racket. You guys are awesome!!

Amy said...

Wow! What a night! That story just cracks me up! Great job you guys!!

Dacia said...

What a great story! So you're a night owl too! Good thing your neighborhood has you around to keep crime down. Hilarious :) that Ryan had a tennis racket, but good thing everyone is safe.

Cynthia said...

You're my hero! I'm making you a badge.

cindy said...

Good job Heather and Ryan!! I'll bet Mr. tuffy criminal pants doesn't brag to his cellies that he was taken out by the dreaded tennis racket..... Thats Mr. Tennis Racket to you punk!!!

Wendy said...

That's awesome! I'm laughing while imagining Ryan running out with a really scary tennis racket. Go Heather! We miss you guys!