Tuesday, June 10, 2008

loved this book...

I just finished this fun, short book by Shannon Hale. She's the author of the Goose Girl (that I really liked.) This book is about a girl who is obsessed with Jane Austen and Mr Darcy (who's not)... She finds a vacation estate in England that is designed just like Austen's novels set in the 1800's. The dress, the food, everything.. is all set up the same to take you back in time.
I love the way Shannon Hale writes, very funny... like talking to a good friend. Katie, Darice and Lindsay, I think you guys would like this.. and anyone else who loves Jane Austen. Thanks Brooke for always suggesting a good book!

2 comments:

Kate said...

That DOES sound good! I'm so behind on my reading. I've had my mom's copy of "Love in the Time of Cholera" since before the twins were born, and I still have to get to "The Host" ... of course, I know I'll drop everything on August 2nd when "Breaking Dawn" comes out!!

Wendy said...

Hmm...That book sounds really intriguing. A few years ago I became totally obsessed with Jane Austen, in particular Pride and Predjudice. I totally wanted to go to England and experience everything Jane Austen. Something tells me I would totally relate to that book. I'll have to read it. Thanks for the recommendation!