Monday, March 16, 2009

spending the week in Denver

This past week Ryan had training in Denver so the whole family decided to tag along and make a little vacation out of it. We had such a great time.. the week flew by too fast!

Here are some pics Here we are eating at the Denver Aquarium. They have these huge aquariums all over full of sharks and all kinds of crazy fish. The kids LOVED it!
Our first day in Denver we checked out the Butterfly Pavilion. The girls all showed me up by holding a giant tarantula.. I wouldn't go near it. I can hardly look at the pictures of them holding it. ahhh. Sophie would have taken it home if she could.

Izzy being brave too!!!


The Pavilion had this amazing indoor rain forest full of butterflies it was my favourite part of the whole trip. Butterflies everywhere!



The girls loved checking out all the fun creatures they could touch and hold.

We also went to the Childrens Museum and did some downtown shopping.

AT the end of the week we headed to Glenwood Springs to spend the weekend.

Here is a picture of Ryan and Sophie riding a gondola up Iron Mtn.


Up on the top of the mountain we hiked around and went through some cool caves.

our little family






As fun as it is to get away.. it's always nice to come HOME!!!

8 comments:

Lindsay K. said...

Heather, it looks like you had so much fun! Can I come next time? Lets get together for lunch, the girls have been begging for you guys.

Nic said...

Looks like so much fun! We're glad you are home. It was fun having a GREEN lunch today!! We missed ya.

Monica said...

I love Glenwood Springs...I'm a little jealous you got to go there. Colorado will always feel a little like home to me...such good times were had there. Looks like you had fun there too.

Shelly said...

Looks like a blast. I need a family vacation. I am glad you guys are doing well.

Amanda said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! It was fun to visit the other day I only wish I could have stayed longer!!

DENISE said...

Heather your girls are so Beautiful!!! I added you to our Class Blog Site. You can check it out here http://phsclassof1995alumni.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

What a CUTE family!!!

stephanie said...

my 2- year old would have loved the butterfly pavillion. Looks like you had a lot of fun!!